Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Who'll Stop the Rain?

Recently, I've been spending a good deal of time at Nanny's house. Never a boring place, always plenty to eat, you never have to be invited, I just show up whenever I want. But anyhoo, today [Tasty Tuesday] we ate the most delicious okra and tomatoes, honey cornbread, shelled peas, and red velvet cake. It's the best cooking I ever have, at Nanny's. Afterward, Randi and Rhett and I played hide and go seek [on Rhett's request] which is also a great deal of fun. But, one of the even bigger highlights of today: I found the following albums while plundering through Daddy's desk in his old room. 









[The Rollings Stones album was Stinky Fingers, but there's no need to post the album art here.]
To say the least, I was overjoyed by these findings. I respect Dad a little bit more, knowing that he listened to great music. And I have more perspective when listening to this music, I can think how this is what he jammed to in his car with his friends or on the tailgate in a crowd of "cool guy" kind of people. And it's great to see him nod and say "that was my junior year, right there" whenever I listen to Bad Moon Rising

4 comments:

  1. So cool! You should totally listen to music with Dad! He has great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you realize that's WHERE your good taste in music comes from? He got us all started on music from the best decade ever to produce music (in my opinion anyway). Glad you found some treasures. Rj and Rhett had fun playing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that's true. But I may be the only one around with a passionate love for the 60s. Either way, me and him listen to Skynyrd a lot together, it's great!

    ReplyDelete