Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Especially For Youth 2011


This is the beautiful "Day & Night". I spent the best week of my life with these people. My testimony grew dramatically with these people. I laughed and cried with these people. I feasted upon the scriptures with these people. I talked about Wyatt's butt with these people. But most importantly, I always felt the spirit with these people. And my heart and soul with always stay with the all-mighty Day & Night.

I recently got back from the most amazing spiritual experience one can have as a youth in the church. My testimony grew so much in such a small amount of time. So many incredible devotionals and classes that moved everyone. One thing my testimony grew on was the Atonement, and how much our Savior really does love us. I know that my Redeemer lives and wants us to live with Him again, and I look forward to that day when we will see Him.

One of my favorite parts was gospel study every morning. We would spread out on the campus lawns and study the scriptures a half hour. This is where I got a lot of personal revelation from the Holy Ghost. I always wrote a page in my notebook during this time, just revelation and my thoughts on what I was reading. 

And I learned so much from the classes and the great speakers/teachers. Like: there is no salvation without prayer, it is essential; we need to live our religion everyday, and obey with exactness; successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, and work; it takes no effort to cut someone down, but it takes a genius to bring them up; fences that keep you in may have been built to keep things out; Satan and the rest of the world spends all of its time and energy trying to pollute everything sacred [like procreation]; Satan tries to focus all our attention on a few things that are forbidden rather than all the things we can have; don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want in the moment. I think the last 3 are cool. There was just a very small portion of notes I took.

4 comments:

  1. So proud of you. Keep up the habits that you created there and you will continue to grow more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Kenzey! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at EFY! Call me sometime:) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read your highlighted section and intertwine it with what we talked about this evening. Maybe that will give you a better perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes ma'am Lacey
    I do what I can
    Alyssa, yeah yeah yeah I got it. There's no other option any way.

    ReplyDelete