Saturday, July 23, 2011

Las Flores son Bonitas

Recently, I picked a bunch of flowers around in my yard, and an orchid from my plant in my room, and pressed all the flowers under a bunch of books for a few days. Not many of them worked out, but I love the vintage look when they're paper-thin. Orchids are especially beautiful when they're pressed, but I cut off the very last bloom so I'll have to wait for a long time until it blooms again. When a white orchid is pressed, it becomes like transparent. Very cool indeed.


This is all of them.


I picked the few good ones and put them in a frame I had, on top of the letter I got from the maker of TOMS, that I thought would look cool behind the flowers. It's very easy and takes no time at all.

4 comments:

  1. You are so creative! I love this! A letter from the maker of Toms? What was it about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, with my second pair I got a bracelet and a letter from Blake, the maker. It just talked about how I was helping someone in need and other cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete